The quickest way to enroll in a New York City HIV Special Needs Plan (SNP) is to call Medicaid CHOICE (1-800-505-5678). For people with hearing problems, please call the TTY/TDD number, which is 1-888-329-1541.
Medicaid CHOICE accepts calls:
- Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Operators are available who can speak English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Chinese, Russian and also other languages upon request. Here are some tips to get done quickly:
- Have your Medicaid number on hand.
- The counselor will ask you for your Medicaid number and tell you if you are eligible to enroll in a Plan.
- If you know which SNP you want to join, tell the counselor your choice.
- If you don’t know what SNP your doctor/provider is in then the counselor can look them up and tell you. The counselor can tell you about all the SNPs and the Managed Care Plans serving your borough. The counselor cannot choose a SNP or Plan for you.
- If you do not have a doctor/provider then decide in which borough you would like to receive your care and the counselor will assist you in identifying available providers in each SNP.
- If you are eligible the counselor will tell you the date you will be enrolled.
- Once you select a SNP the counselor, after gathering some basic information from you, will connect you to the SNP member services staff so you can talk to them.
The call can take 20-40 minutes.
Remember during mandatory enrollment
“To have a choice you must make a choice!”